Tamilnadu Smart Ration Card System is an ongoing System operated by The Government of Tamilnadu. TN public distribution system is updating all the ration cards into the Smart Ration Card. The applications are welcome on their official website. It is one of the system that will help the people of Tamilnadu have hassle-free purchasing while going to take the ration services. Just like the central government’s scheme of Digital Ration card, this system is also the same kind of approach for increasing public-friendly services in the state.
TNPDS.GoV.In Online Registration Application
people of tamilnadu, good news. your government decides to prevent your hactic schedule visitings on government offices and open this beautiful online portal. you’re lucky guys that you can apply online for ration card which will be come from smart card status.
here are the steps to register online for ration card in tnpds.
- Open the website. (https://www.tnpds.gov.in/home.xhtml)
- Please choose one of the options on the top right corner of the website. People from Tamilnadu can choose their own mother tongue Tamil language or English from the right most corner of the website.
- Click on the Smart card application button. The following will appear. Select New Smart Card Application and fill the necessary information over there.
- Fill in the information and then agree to the terms & conditions and Submit.
TNPDS Smart Card Status
- Aadhar card
- Electricity bill
- Front page of the bank passbook of your account
- Gas consumer card
- Property card in case of own House
- Rent Agreement (for tenants)
- Telephone bill
- Voter Id card
Any of the above given proof in soft copy is mandatory to attach with the online application form. Any of the above, not all. Otherwise the application will not be submitted. Once you submit the application, you can check the status of your application through this website only. There is a column for gas connection given at the bottom of the application. If the customer owns a gas connection, they will have to fill the information like Name, Gas Company, LPG Consumer number, Name of the distributor etc.
Once the process completes, the consumer will receive application number on the mobile for future reference. Checking the status of application is available on the same page. We have shown it in the image above.
After launching of this scheme centrally, different state governments have supported this scheme and they also have started converting ration cards into digital ration cards which will bring transparency and easy to access kind of system for the pubic and ministries both. West Bengal is also one of the states who is working on digital ration card development.
System which is transparent and easy to access brings hope to the people who have been waiting in the queues for years to buy their little or bigger needs. This is why the government is emphasizing on the Digital India Campaign and trying to avail all facilities digitally everywhere.