government policies for girl education in India:Kishori Shakti Yojna announced by Minister of Women & Child Development. this yojna stands for young girls for its development and girls become responsible citizens. this yojna aims to empower the girls who age are 11 to 18 year. this yojna focused on out of school girls. this yojna stands for nutritional, health status and upgrade skills like home skills, life skills and vocational skills. KSY provides nutritional and health education including sanitation and personal hygiene aspects. in life of women adolescence was crucial phase. this stage is intermediary between childhood and womanhood.
It seeks to provide young girls with an opportunity to realise their full potential.
Women and Child Development Scheme in India
This Kishor Shakti Yojna is a redesign of the existing Adolescent Girls (AG) Scheme being implemented as a component under the centrally sponsored Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme. this new scheme extends the coverage of the earlier scheme with significant content like enrichment, strengthens the training component, particularly in skill development, aspects aimed at empowerment and enhanced self-perception. educational activities conducted by non-formal education pattern that is provided to adolescent girls. that’s gives physical, developmental and sex education to adolescent girls. Also, It gives free vocational training activities to adolescent girls for their economic empowerment.
The main large objectives of this yojna are to improve the nutritional, health and development status of adolescent girls, promote awareness of health, hygiene, nutrition and family care, link them to opportunities for learning life skills, going back to school. it help them to gain a better understanding of their social environment and take initiatives to become productive members of the society.
government scheme for baby girl
In the country Kishori Shakti Yojna covered total no of blocks 6118. This yojna provides ICDS infrastructure facilities. Our Government Provided 1.10 lakh financial norms per ICDS project per annum.
The existing AG scheme implemented by anganwadi centres in both area rural urban. where Anganwadi Centres for six-monthly learning and training activities. The Adolescent Girl who are unmarried and from poor family and who drop outs the schools. The main objective of this yojna is to increase self confidence, boost moral and dignity. Through KSY girls encouraged to initiate various activities to be productive and useful members of the society. adolescent girls are upgrade home based and vocational skills and they train and equip by them and women can get opportunities for learning life skills. KSY is supporting to improve women’s decision making capabilities and encourage a desire for more social exposure and knowledge. Through the non-formal stream of education, ksy provides the required literacy and numeracy skills.
Under the yojna would be intimated from time to time and the number as well as the specific ICDS blocks or ICDS projects to be covered. Under this yojna State Governments /UT Administrations may prepare Plan of Actions and share this with the Department.
Kishori Shakti Yojna Benefits
The Adolescent Girls Scheme has been sanctioned in 507 ICDS blocks throughout the country. The AG scheme was designed for 2 sub scheme.
- Scheme 1 : it stands for Girl to Girl approach. this scheme was designed for adolescent girls in 11-15 years group of age, where adolescent girls belonging to families whose income status is below Rs. 6400/- per annum. in this scheme adolescent girls was belonging from poor family got a definite preference in the identification process.
- Scheme 2 : it stands for Balika Mandal. this scheme is intended to reach to all adolescent girls in 11-18 years group of age where, family income level was irrespective.
AG Scheme with some modification and content enrichment was also experimented in other areas. Under the SIDA supported ICDS programme in 47 blocks of Tamil Nadu, modified AG Scheme was successfully implemented. Again in , State specific intervention for Adolescent Girls have been implemented. In World Bank assisted ICDS projects, the AG Scheme with additional inputs like deworming and IFA supplementation etc are also being implemented.
Adolescent Girls scheme was experimented in some areas with some modification and enrichment. Modified AG scheme was successfully implemented supported ICDS programme in 47 blocks of tamil nadu. states Rajasthan and Andhra Pradsesh invention for adolescent girls have been implemented specifically.
World Bank Assisted ICDS projects are in operation which have a specific AG component with some additional input in the some state. and in the project areas that components should be implemented as per administrative orders. per ICDS Project the interventions may be limited to the approved amount of Rs. 1.10 lakh per annum. through funds released for implementation of ICDS, the funds under the yojna will be made available to the States/UTs. Half-Yearly report will send by state govt. / UTs on the progress of the implementation of the yojna. By ICDS network Yojna would be monitored.
the State Govt. should prepare a proposal under ICDS Training programme( UDISHA) and send it to the Department for consideration when ome additional funds are required for vocational training purposes.
How to Apply for Kishor Shakti Yojna (KSY) ???
- Where Candidate can Contact to Apply for KSY ???
- Village level women can contact to Anganwadi centre or Anganwadi workers.
- Candidate women can contact to Department of Women & Child Development.
- Candidate Women can contact to Child Development Project Officers at block level.
- Also Candidate can contact to Concerned District programme officer.
- Which Document are necessity to Apply for KSY ???
- Domicile Certificate & Electricity Bill as for Residence proof.
- Aadhar Card & Voter ID as for Identity Proof
- BPL card (Optional).
- Birth Certificate as for Age Proof
- Passport Size Photograph with White Background
- Income Certificate
- Reference Website
- For getting more information regarding this Kishor Shakti Yojna , you have to visit below website. we provides direct link to candidate for to know about this yojna.
Website – Click Here….
Advantage of KSY (Kishor Shakti Yojna)
Under this yojna following advantages are there :
- Anganwadi Centres do health checkup of girls.
- Under this yojna all focus on women empowerment, and to provide the supportive environment of self – development of women.
- Some skills are home-based skills, vocational skills, awareness on health, hygiene, nutrition, family welfare, home management and child care guidance this all skills given to women by KSY.
- This yojna provides full understanding of social, economic and political issues to all the women candidate who are related with Kishor Shakti Yojna.
- Kishori Shakti Yojna empowers to all women both socially and economically.